Thursday 14 February 2019

I love my husband and I don't want to hurt him...Is an FLR for us?

I hear all sorts of versions of this statement:

I love my husband and I don't want to hurt him...Is an FLR for us?

I love elliot. I love him so much that I am quite prepared to cane him or paddle him with my shower brush whenever he misbehaves and, occasionally simply to remind him of his position. I keep him in semi-permanent chastity and have been stretching out his ball sack with weights. I allow Mady to discipline him as well. When I am whipping elliot I know that it hurts and I know that he loves me all the more for taking the time to discipline him.

Female Led Relationships are about many things but they are rooted in the fact that a woman loves a man enough to accept and enforce his submission. Different men thrive in different circumstances but in my experience, a surprisingly large number of men are happiest when they accept and embrace their submissiveness. This is often the "missing" ingredient in a happy marriage.

I see this in otherwise vanilla marriages where it is quite clear that the wife is in charge and that her husband does what he is told. There are no explicit punishments although there may be an element of sexual reward for an obedient husband.

However, at some point, a wife may take the next step. Usually because, either covertly or overtly, her husband indicates a need for a firmer hand. 

(And here is a hint for husbands or wives who want to explore a more physically demanding FLR: simply say to your partner "If you keep doing that you are going to get a good spanking" or, from the husband's perspective, "Well I'd rather you spanked me than yelled at me." You would be surprised at how often all a woman needs to move to the next level is that sort of hint.)

Focus on that word "need". Submissive men, even those who are only slightly aware of their submissive nature, will know that some part of them is unfulfilled. They might not be able to articulate it but it's there. And it is sometimes very deeply hidden because it conflicts with a whole array of beliefs men have about manliness and masculinity. There is a lot of shame associated with male submissiveness. 

A loving wife is usually committed to meeting her husband's needs just as he should be committed to meeting hers. The realization that the man she loves deeply needs her leadership and her discipline can come as a surprise to some women; but many slightly dominant women have, at least unconsciously, been attracted to slightly submissive men since they were first dating. So it is usually not a complete shock that the man they are engaged to or married to will have a submissive streak.

In general, a man with a submissive streak is much happier and more productive when his wife or partner provides an element of discipline. This can be very subtle - simply telling rather than asking is an excellent way to begin. "Darling, I am going out. While I am gone make sure the laundry is folded and the dishes are in the dishwasher." 

Submissive men enjoy being told what to do. They also enjoy the idea that there will be consequences if they are disobedient. Which means that a loving wife, along with giving her husband instructions, will make it clear she expects to be obeyed and that disobedience will be punished. 

There are a lot of ways of punishing a husband and many wives in vanilla marriages use everything from scolding to sexual denial to simply ignoring their husbands. However, frankly, I think those sorts of tactics are actually pretty manipulative and just as likely to cause fractures in the marriage rather than any improvement in a husband's behaviour.

Much better is the explicit, "If you do not do as I tell you I'm going to have to punish you". Now, during an engagement or the early part of a marriage, the most important thing a wife can do is follow through on her promises.

Keeping a hairbrush or, better still, a shower brush handy allows a wife to administer punishment pretty much immediately.

Will it hurt? Yes, yes it will. For a spanking, much less more intense forms of punishment to actually matter, they have to hurt and your husband should not "like" being punished. Loving your husband may mean turning his bottom a rosy shade of red because he needs to feel the sting of your authority in order to actually embrace his own submissiveness.

So, if you love a submissive man you will have to, when he deserves it, punish him and make sure it hurts enough to matter. If you can do that then an FLR is very much a possibility.






4 comments:

  1. This post is perfect for my situation.
    I have certainly discovered that I am a submissive man and nothing makes me feel happier and content than being submissive to my wife.
    Yes, I feel a need to be submissive and a need for control and discipline.

    My wife is a nurse and tells that her career and everyday is spent trying to make people feel better. For her, this runs contrary to hurting someone she loves.
    I will show her this article in an effort to reinforce my absolute need to be under her strict control and discipline. This may mean a whipping just to remind me (and her) of my position.

    I also agree that it is preferable to give clear directions (or orders) to a submissive man. I almost resent when my wife asks me if I can do something for her, rather than just directing me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this post, Ms. Hannah, you have accurately and beautifully described the submissive's need. Your insight is amazing, and so beautifully articulated. Your blog is always such a pleasure to read! My apologies for commenting so infrequently, I'll try to do better.
    I very much agree with you and the commenter above regarding the power of words. How wonderful to be given clear, straightforward direction/commands. It truly fulfills the submissive soul.
    My wife and I are still fairly new in our FLR and I realize there is much learning to be done by both of us. The challenge of telling me rather than asking is difficult for her- old habits, etc. I don't know that it's appropriate for me to remind her every time (is that "topping from the bottom"?), but I have explained, respectfully, quite a few times how deeply it hurts me when she says "if it's OK with you" or similar.
    I'm trying my best to better understand and fulfill her needs, and doing so makes me feel so very good. I do want to serve, to make things better for her. So maybe I shouldn't expect her to change her words if that's a hardship for her? And I shouldn't be telling her how to do ANYTHING, should I? It's confusing. I just know how it saddens me, actually makes me feel sometimes like she doesn't care when she so frequently asks rather than tells/directs. And I know my deep need for her dominance is very real and how I crave to feel her stregnth.
    vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments.

    One of the hardest things for women to do is going from asking to telling. It, somehow, just feels better to say "Could you fold the laundry?" rather than, "Go and fold the laundry."

    It takes practice to get past being "nice" and many wonderful and dominant women never really feel comfortable telling rather than asking. Here's the thing, a properly submissive husband accepts whatever mode of speech his wife chooses to use. Rather than asking your wife to change how she speaks you need to change how you hear. When she "asks" you to do something you should hear a command. Her actual words are her business, not yours. She speaks, you obey.

    It is just that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your very helpful reply Ms. Hannah. Yes, very simple- my fulfillment will come from the doing, that is, through devotion and service to my wife.
    vic

    ReplyDelete